Thursday 3 May 2012

Graduated. I am done. It is so surreal. To think that two years ago, I walked into Algonquin College, lost, confused and not knowing the difference between shutter speeds and apertures. Now, I'm walking out of Ottawa with TWO first place awards.

Our Annual photography exhibition was on Monday April 30th! 94 students, 2 years, 1 day. I was an MC, along with one of my best friends Kaleigh Middelkoop.  The exhibition was open from 12pm-9pm, the awards started at 7. I was confident in my work, but also kept an open mind that there are so many other talented photographs in my program. Somehow, I was standing on stage, listening to my professor read out MYname for the Mola Softlight award. I had just won a Mola Softlight and a plaque. I was so honoured and my day was made. Soon after, was the Steve McCurry Portrait award, judged by McCurry himself. I'm standing there listening to 3rd place, 2nd place, and the winner is " Josh Driscoll." My heart sank and my face went beat read. I had just won an award, from Steve McCurry. The man who was the choice of a previous assignment in class, and a poster I had hanging in my room. He chose my photo to be the winning photo, I have never been more proud of myself.

So now that I am done, and leaving Ottawa. I'm headed for bigger and better things. My plan is to move to Toronto in Fall. With few of my classmates, and we are going to work hard, harder then ever before. We are going to open a studio, and work together. We will be shooting, and designing and networking.
So stay tuned for what is yet to come in my life.




Winning Photo for the Steve McCurry Award


Winning Photo for the Mola Soft Light Award

My Beautiful Model Tracy Fledderus, check out her work!http://tracyfledderusphoto.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment